first confirmed pig in our area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have land in the five finger area of Kaw Lake and we have had pigs up here for years. I have seen a group of 13 about a year ago and not many since. I am lucky they move all the time and haven't done any damage on me

The deer hunters on Kaw keep them thinned out. Hopefully they keep up the good work.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend back home said between him his brother and his neighbor that they killed over a dozen in the last year near my folks place (within 3-4 miles). We are on the Arkansas south of Ponca . But have not seen any sign on our place yet but just matter of time

Sent via message in a bottle

kansas45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of Kaw, across the state line we have quite a few. Kansas doesn't allow hog hunting at this time. Hopefully that will change before long, before it's too late. I have had a few show up on the game cameras placed around my place, but from what I can tell they were just passing through. No sign of rooting or hog beds.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
North of Kaw, across the state line we have quite a few. Kansas doesn't allow hog hunting at this time. Hopefully that will change before long, before it's too late. I have had a few show up on the game cameras placed around my place, but from what I can tell they were just passing through. No sign of rooting or hog beds.

I'm amazed Kansas doesn't allow hog hunting. The three S rule would apply. Shoot.....Shovel.....Shut up.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm amazed Kansas doesn't allow hog hunting. The three S rule would apply. Shoot.....Shovel.....Shut up.

No kidding. Kaw used to have a ton of hogs, but the Kansas DNR teamed up with Oklahoma Wildlife Dept 2 years ago right after deer season and used helicopters to put gunners on the hogs. They killed 225+ in 2 days. I'm sure they've managed to procreate plenty since then though.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We got our first pig pictures down in Garvin county over the weekend. He knocked over a feeder then destroyed it getting the corn out. Only see one on the camera, but I am sure there are more.

Wife got in touch with the GW yesterday and got an OK to pick up a predation permit for hunting him and any friends he brings.

So, the question is 5.56, 30-06, or 300WM?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got our first pig pictures down in Garvin county over the weekend. He knocked over a feeder then destroyed it getting the corn out. Only see one on the camera, but I am sure there are more.

Wife got in touch with the GW yesterday and got an OK to pick up a predation permit for hunting him and any friends he brings.

So, the question is 5.56, 30-06, or 300WM?
Whichever is most accurate. Unless its open pasture or crop land, you won't have a lot of shots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom