First Day of Deer (rifle) season....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am hunting a new property that I have not been on much so I do not have a clue if anything big is in there. I hunted tonight with the bow and only saw one doe 100 yrds out. She was down wind but never seemed nervous. I am leaving the Pond Creek place to a buddy and his sons. I bet they do well tomorrow. Good luck to everyone and get some good pics to share.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My youngest and I aren't seeing much from my primary morning spot. It was like walking out here in daylight with the full moon and the wind is just now settling down. At least we had the wind in our faces and not up our backsides.

40's last night didn't seem to help as much as I thought it would.

Coyotes don't seem to be as bad this year but my feeders have apparently brought in a bunch of crows.

halfrack

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounded like a shooting range here this morning in southeast garfield county. I saw an 8 about 45 minutes ago and that has been the extent of my deer sightings. gonna tough it out all day though.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nw ok is pretty slow this morning. Not seeing anything yet except 1 hog. Buddy of mine talked to the GW yesterday and he said the rut was slowing down up here. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom