First deer of the new year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the congrats. I received a few weird replies to the pic of me in stand from the people I texted it too. Look in the upper left corner and it looks like a ghost face. I snapped that pic as soon as I got in stand, the one about an hour later showed me white with snow except my face where my breathing kept it thawed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the congrats. I received a few weird replies to the pic of me in stand from the people I texted it too. Look in the upper left corner and it looks like a ghost face. I snapped that pic as soon as I got in stand, the one about an hour later showed me white with snow except my face where my breathing kept it thawed.

Congrats for hanging in there.:D Its sounds like you have plenty of meat in the freezer now. OSA burger fest at your place!:D

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The burger is one of the last things to go from my deer. I don't eat a lot of chili but except for snack sticks or summer sausage, chili is the only use for deer burger. I don't care for it much in a hamburger. I am going to try sometime in spaghetti.
DRC458 could be true, that night on the way down from the 18.5 ladder the rungs were a little slick from the snow.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spaghetti is good, sloppy joes, any casserole that you would use hamburger in. My wife makes a great mexican one with nacho doritos crunched up in the bottom and seasoned deer meat with a layer of cheese on top.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2lb of venison burger
1/3 cup of minute rice
1/4 cup of onion diced fine
1/4 cup bell pepper diced fine
2 cloves of garlic diced fine
Finely diced jalapeno if desired to taste
Mix thoroughly and roll into meat balls
Roll meat balls in flour seasoned with salt and pepper
Cook in 64 oz tomato juice for 45 minutes at a slow boil, remove meat balls, and put in a dish to the side.
Retain tomato juice, using a spoon to get any excess grease off the top as it will float.
To the Tomato juice,
Add coarse chopped onions,
coarse chopped bell pepper
Basil or dried Italian seasoning to taste.

Boil spaghetti in another pot until soft, and add to the tomato juice mixture. Cook at a really slow boil for about 10 minutes, and add drained spaghetti.
A little parmesan cheese and your ready:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom