First deer of the new year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stuck a 104 pound doe with my bow tonight a bit before 6. She was at 22 yards and the arrow blew through the front of her lungs. I watched her run as if she was on fire for 170 yards till she ran full speed into a barb wire fence. That was her final resting point.
I will have pics up tomorrow.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Piece of cake! put on enough clothes to barely waddle to the stand all the time looking like the pilsbury dough boy in camo, and your good to go:D
:laughup:
You would absolutely not believe your eyes if you saw how my BIL dressed for hunting. And I'm not aware that he's went out in weather even remotely this cold.

I'll give you a hint. He keeps an heavy wool German army blanket in his pack and he's been known on more than one occasion to take his sleeping bag to his tree stand. Insulated U/W, sweats, sweatshirt, jeans, insulated coveralls, and a parka. Not to mention raingear when he needs it. I'd die of heat stroke. He's :screwy:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How I looked Tuesday evening hunting in the snow.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_ghostman.jpg

How I dressed for Friday evening hunt and the doe.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_jan1doe1.jpg

This makes 4 doe in the freezer. I took 2 with my bow, 2 with rifle. Both rifle doe were on friends places that needed many doe harvested. I have 1 deep freeze dedicated to deer and fish. By the time October rolls around again, I put leftover deer in the little wire basket to use before this years harvest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom