First fishing trip for the year is on the books.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like we will wetting the lines at Eufala on the last weekend in March.

Maybe we will be able to eat some crappie earlier than 2:30 in the morning this time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done a couple of false starts on the first fishing trip of the year, but just haven't gone. So many irons in the fire right now. I had a new shop building built, and am doing all of the finish work myself. All of the interior wainscoating (finished today:D) Electrical work, floor sealing, and so on. I'm not going to rush it, and do it right, as it will be my man cave, and reloading area.
Good luck on your trip! I've already heard some good reports from Kaw on crappie.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The hot spots we hit last year were really only accessable by boat. With the aid of a fish finder to find the underwater structure.

Looks like we are going to use a guide again this year. We know enough about striper at Texoma to have a very good chance to limit out almost every time. Now its Eufala's time with the Crappie. And besides Crappie just tastes better.

Dennis: The current dates for this trip are for a 4 day trip. Leave Wed evening and come back Sunday sometime. Unfortunately I won't be able to head out until around noon on Friday. Probably going to load the truck and head out from work. Would love to take Thursday and Friday off. However, keeping certain details private, it might be complicated to take both days off. So for now I plan on it being a short trip for myself. I'll let the two guys that own their own companies take the extra time off.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are interested in Crappie and will be at Eufaula on the 26th of March it would be well worth your time to hit the Oklahoma Crappie.com bunch for their annual meeting. Everyone is invited and there will be informative presentations, door prizes and a catered BBQ lunch. Because the lunch is catered you will need to let them know you are coming but they have not started their head count yet. There will be at least one guide there and maybe a couple. A couple of the Eufaula guys that are hosting the event are also well versed in Crappie from the shore and can put you onto several productive areas. Here is a link to the get-together.
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/okla...-ok-c-c-annual-meeting-march-26th-2011-a.html

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are interested in Crappie and will be at Eufaula on the 26th of March it would be well worth your time to hit the Oklahoma Crappie.com bunch for their annual meeting. Everyone is invited and there will be informative presentations, door prizes and a catered BBQ lunch. Because the lunch is catered you will need to let them know you are coming but they have not started their head count yet. There will be at least one guide there and maybe a couple. A couple of the Eufaula guys that are hosting the event are also well versed in Crappie from the shore and can put you onto several productive areas. Here is a link to the get-together.
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/okla...-ok-c-c-annual-meeting-march-26th-2011-a.html

Thanks! I'll add that to my list to investigate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom