First Lawsuit Filed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
1). The emergency exits should have been monitored and alarmed. Had they been, it would have alerted folks that someone was accessing the doors in a non-emergency.

2). The meds? That's a loser theory.

3). The violent nature of the movie? Also, a loser. Wasn't it the premiere? Did he see it earlier in the day? This tactic has been tried before and does not work.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1). The emergency exits should have been monitored and alarmed. Had they been, it would have alerted folks that someone was accessing the doors in a non-emergency.

2). The meds? That's a loser theory.

3). The violent nature of the movie? Also, a loser. Wasn't it the premiere? Did he see it earlier in the day? This tactic has been tried before and does not work.

May I ask, why #2 is a loser?

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Billybob, those types of cases are brought now and again, and I don't know of one that has won. Probably is one out there, but I'm not familiar with it.

Typically, Pharma cases (and I have a lot of them) deal with the side effects (to the patient). Although, this is against the doctors, I think to survive sj, you'd have to show that nutso was taken meds exactly as prescribed and docs knew or should have known the drugs were likely to cause some sort of violent psychotic break. A way uphill battle that would be expensive and require a lot of dueling experts.

A l

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Many theaters have exits that lead to the parking lot but those exits are not necessarily for emergencies only.

Latest posts

Top Bottom