First Ticket EVER 1 Question for LEO or lawyer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My personal opinion is not to waste anymore taxpayers money and just pay the ticket, you were speeding after all and the officer was kind enough to lower it down for you. Why try to push it over a technicality? Just get a money order and send it in, done! I get speeding tickets all the time and I just pay them. You pay to play.

Firemedic183

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me get this straight: You were speeding 16 over, he cut you a break down to 10, and you want to get compensated for him making a mistake on your address?
I was just curious in the courts eye if he made a mistake on my address, what else could he have made a mistake on? Was the radar gun calibrated correctly etc. I just know when I write a patient care report, and the incident ever goes to court for whatever reason, if ANY part of my report is incorrect I am held responsible, and whatever I say is put into question. As I already said, I will just pay it and get it over with.

J

Jckellison

My personal opinion is not to waste anymore taxpayers money and just pay the ticket, you were speeding after all and the officer was kind enough to lower it down for you. Why try to push it over a technicality? Just get a money order and send it in, done! I get speeding tickets all the time and I just pay them. You pay to play.

This.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, you know how people joke around all the time about "what you in for?" ...lol. I cut up a body, how about you? I was speeding....lol

"Kid, whad'ya get?" I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage." He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?" And I said, "Littering." And they all moved away from me on the bench there...

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a ticket reduced the same way a couple years ago. It never showed up on my record, so I think yours will stay clean.

That's the reason they reduce them, so you don't have a reason not to pay. Good for them, good for you.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm always amazed by people who knowingly break laws and then want a break. I guess you believe that it is OK to run red lights and stop signs if no one is there. When are the young people in this country going to accept responsibility for their actions and do the right thing, just because it is the honorable thing to do? Please prove me wrong and accept your mistake and pay the fine. That is what I was taught was the Southern way to support the Yankee Government. of course I'm just an "Ole Southern Boy" to OLD to know how you young whippersnappers think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom