If you have a High School diploma and a training class you can be hired as a Teacher now in Oklahoma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want to come across like I'm anti teacher, I'm not. Working around the school & getting to know other district staff for years now I've just a lot of daily things that the public doesn't see.

One thing I wish we'd do is put cameras in the classroom. Not online accessable mind you but like our other cameras where it can be viewed from the office live or played back. We make police do it let's do it in the classroom and see exactly what's really happening.

If you have a bad kid or teacher it would let the parents see exactly what is happening.
I think many parents would be pretty shocked at how their "perfect" kid acts in a classroom.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think many parents would be pretty shocked at how their "perfect" kid acts in a classroom.

Absolutely, some of these kids are terrorists because they know teachers are powerless, but teachers need to be held accountable as well. Root out the few bad apples because most teachers I know are trying but there's a few turds in the punch bowl

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a link to every public school in the state as far as ranking, size, test scores, proficiency, etc. Whether it's accurate or not who knows. I will say that looking at two of the districts close to me, and knowing what that area is like and most of the families and students there, it's accurate. They both are in the highest percentage of graduation rank, but the lowest of the low in everything else such as testing and math/english proficiency. Convince me otherwise they don't just pass them on and on until they graduate lol. They graduate nearly everyone but nobody has learned anything.

https://www.publicschoolreview.com/

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely, some of these kids are terrorists because they know teachers are powerless, but teachers need to be held accountable as well. Root out the few bad apples because most teachers I know are trying but there's a few turds in the punch bowl
My wife has had this one kid who is an absolute jerk to some of the others in the classroom. She's had him removed 2-3 times and has complained about him multiple times to admin. Sometimes they help and sometimes they act like they don't have the time to deal with him. One kid can very easily disrupt a classroom and cause issues for the other kids.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want to come across like I'm anti teacher, I'm not. Working around the school & getting to know other district staff for years now I've just a lot of daily things that the public doesn't see.

One thing I wish we'd do is put cameras in the classroom. Not online accessable mind you but like our other cameras where it can be viewed from the office live or played back. We make police do it let's do it in the classroom and see exactly what's really happening.

If you have a bad kid or teacher it would let the parents see exactly what is happening.
They do this in a lot of preschools now and it’s a game changer. Little sally pushed you and that’s how you hurt your arm? Let’s roll the tape. Oh, I see you actually were climbing on a table and fell after the teacher had been telling you for 10 mins not to climb on it.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a link to every public school in the state as far as ranking, size, test scores, proficiency, etc. Whether it's accurate or not who knows. I will say that looking at two of the districts close to me, and knowing what that area is like and most of the families and students there, it's accurate. They both are in the highest percentage of graduation rank, but the lowest of the low in everything else such as testing and math/english proficiency. Convince me otherwise they don't just pass them on and on until they graduate lol. They graduate nearly everyone but nobody has learned anything.

https://www.publicschoolreview.com/
Pretty sad commentary. Our school is 7/10 and shows a 30% math proficiency. And they graduate 85%+.

I was going to say it should mean a bright future for the top percentile kids, but then I remembered qualifications don't really matter any more.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has had this one kid who is an absolute jerk to some of the others in the classroom. She's had him removed 2-3 times and has complained about him multiple times to admin. Sometimes they help and sometimes they act like they don't have the time to deal with him. One kid can very easily disrupt a classroom and cause issues for the other kids.
I always wonder how much feedback from our kids teachers are filtered due to prior experiences with ******* parents. I don't see any indicators either of our kids are "that kid", but once they get on the bus there is no way I can know for certain. The teachers always seem very sincere with the feedback they do provide, but I always wonder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom