First time "Dove Hunting" (old family pic)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the story goes my grandpa came to Memphis to go hunting with my dad when I was younger. I picked up what was going on so got up EARLY the next morning...put on my GI Joe outfit I had from Halloween and waited for them down stairs. Once they got up and saw me there, my grandpa turns to my dad and says "I'm not telling him he cant go"...so my dad loaded up another dove stool with some of my Hot Wheels and I went "dove hunting" with my dad and grandpa. :)
(I've grown a bit since this photo...)

12800139_1133610520017509_392336377647819586_n.jpg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember going squirrel hunting with my dad and uncle in SE OK. I would walk with them until I could walk no more, then my dad would carry me the rest of the hunt. The next time they would go hunting, it was never, "You can't go because you can't walk the whole way." My dad would take me along regardless, and end up carrying me home...every time, until I was big enough and strong enough to make the whole hunt.

Bless the dads that know what it truly means to be a dad, and not just father a child.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great stories. That's family history right there.
I may have some of that old camo pattern in one of the boxes at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That is a great pic! Good memories right there. Now tell us about that bada$$ Camaro in the garage...

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
70 RS is about all I know, I know my dad did most of the work to it either before I was born or when I was too young to remember. I dont think he had it too long after this photo so I have no real memories of it except that he had it.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great story. My dad and I would go squirrel hunting and he would have me go around the opposite side of the tree so that the squirrel would be on his side of the tree to get a shot. Yea I was the squirrel dog, great times..

Latest posts

Top Bottom