First time for Turkeys in the yard....well, besides the kids..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may be old hat for some but I thought it was cool.

Yesterday when I got home from work I saw these turkeys up the hill between my house and the neighbors. So I drove up and got picture of them.

ai1176.photobucket.com_albums_x333_wolfwells_Turkeys1.jpg

I guess what suprised me the most was the fact that they were right next to the house.

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't Fall Turkey going on right now?

Trying to figure out what road that is....Hhhhmmm.....

You know you can still take one either sex with your bow.....

Yeah, fall turkey season is on but I don't see a fall gun season for Lincoln Co., I haven't taken my bow out of case since '97 when my daughter was born.

LOL, deerwacker444, I'm pretty sure you know exactly which road that is (hint, hint, its just not quite as far north as you mentioned - by 3 houses). If I had more than 5 acres right here I'd be all over them this spring.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang,..I didn't know there were turkeys in there. Heck, 5 acres is plenty, put up a feeder out back. I'd harvest one and call it a "Turkey Tax",..it's what the turkey population must pay to get easy, good food thru the winter.

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang,..I didn't know there were turkeys in there. Heck, 5 acres is plenty, put up a feeder out back. I'd harvest one and call it a "Turkey Tax",..it's what the turkey population must pay to get easy, good food thru the winter.

LOL, next time you are out this way, watch those two big bottom fields on the east side of "that road". There are always deer and/or turkey on the east end of them, especially the north one. They get thick enough that there are days that there will be 3/4 vehicles stopped looking at them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Turkey cannot be taken within 100 yds of a feeder......Make sure your legal.

There is a drainage area behind a stip mall in Ponca that has a flock in there. They are always out on the roads and mostly tame. I'm sure the people living on the other side feed them.
Turkey are getting down right common......until turkey season

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turkeys are prevalent around us too. In fact, they are usually the morning entertainment through the window while manning the porcelain throne!

We have waited many times to leave the house while they played and fed in the yard....just 10 yards from the dog kennels!

One invited himself to supper last weekend while I was making my way to the tree stand. He wasn't a trophy.... but a 6 inch beard at 22 yards!

PJ

Latest posts

Top Bottom