First time I met Don Franson (AKA Honeybee)...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonderful People and a heck of a guy. He did quite a bit of work for me in the 2.5 yrs before closing the store. Lia is a strong Christian and will find a way to get through this. Her faith sustains her. I have talked with them a few times since they moved to the Prattville area. Each time Lia was working hard to be strong.

Does anyone know when the service will be and where??????

ruckerduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Met him and Lia once at their shop on 15th. Don't even remember what I bought or exactly what we talked about, but I remember thinking Don and Lia were my kinda people. God rest your soul Don. Prayers for you Lia.

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a phone from his daughter in okc and in our conversation it came up her dad was a gunsmith. of course I had some work to be done. they had just moved into their new shop. prayers for the family.

BMPregler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Met Don during the billet lower group buy that never happened. I was a little nervous at first, giving someone some money and waiting for the object, until I met Don. New almost immediately that he was a man of integrity and I had nothing to worry about. He was one of the good ones. Prayers for Lia.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man am I late to this party (I was away when this transpired). I was actually looking to contact him to see if he would do a saiga conversion for me. First time I met him was shortly after his shop opened and he was holding some give aways on here. I was second place and won 2 or 3 boxes of 7.62x54R (I remember the been was first place). I walked in his shop and spent an hour or 2 just shooting the breeze and probably spent 150$ that day in other ammo and misc shooting equipment. I had him sporterize a mosin for me. he did a great job, the sight broke off after a few hundred rounds (weld broke) and he fixed it next day no questions asked. he said he had a no questions asked lifetime warrenty on any of his work. He was a great asset to our community and I will be mourning his loss, over a year late.

Latest posts

Top Bottom