First Time Shooting at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot there for the first time this morning. Made sure to go bright and early to avoid the crowds. I enjoyed it, but the lighting could be a little better. Staff was friendly and it was warm as long as you weren't shooting. Those vents blowing right on me left a little chill in the bones. I'll probably go back as long as I can go when it is slow like it was this morning and a little too cold for my butt to go out to the gun club. Good times were had by all.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outside air goes through the range one time. Cold in winter, hot in summer, other times baby bearish. Certain lanes get more blow than others, and if it's not crowded you should be able to find a more comfortable spot. You can ask for specific lanes without getting too much guff. CB

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot at H&H a lot and have had good experiences there. I go at least twice a month (for the last 18 months or so) and have only had one time that it was too crowded to get a lane. Temps on the lanes could be better but oh well...my wife is getting me a membership for Christmas!!!

RetCapt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another factor that I've found to be nice is that the shooting positions are large enough that you can actually stand in the lane behind a new shooter and do some instruction and coaching.

I typically go once a week and often more than that, and before lunch has been convenient for me. I've only had to wait a few times on Saturdays and the waiting time was not terribly long. (It allowed time to go and stare at the new guns... it's like a drunk in a liquor store!)

reich10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well put RetCapt, i almost hope that i will have to wait for a lane so i have an excuse to go look at the guns. haha Anyway i think the HH has a good thing going, i disagree with some of their high prices sometimes but i support any pro gun establishment(within reason). although i will say that last time i went i noticed that the lines were slacked and the target hung way to low at close range. need to get that fixed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom