Fish antibiotics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a book I was reading, the main character added fish antibiotics, like for aquarium fish to his preps, says they are the same as human antibiotics but available over the counter, anyone ever heard of this?

Btw the book was 299 days

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're going for over the counter anti-biotics down at the feed store, at least go for the stuff that was meant for mammals, because if you're reading this, you're probably a mammal. Jam that dirty needle in your arm and take your chances.

Also bear in mind the anti-biotics don't last that long in the refrigerater which won't last that long when the whole electrical grid collapses and the decent people begin to panic.

One thing about gettin sick, either you get well or you die.
Gawd I love the the self-sufficent future we're planning here.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're going for over the counter anti-biotics down at the feed store, at least go for the stuff that was meant for mammals, because if you're reading this, you're probably a mammal.

I was going to bring this into the conversation. I'm glad ignernt saved me some typing.

willnotgoquietly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, I'm not telling you not to use antibiotics manufactured for animal use because I didn't take a "human" prescriprion drug until I was in my mid-20s, but DO YOUR RESEARCH (and I mean the serious, scientific kind) and pay attention to expiration dates.

I'm on my phone so this link isn't hot.

https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?172794-question-for-the-medical-pro-s&p=2169445#post2169445

But you need to read it. There are some medications that become toxic as they age. Educate yourselves so you don't inadvertently make a bad situation worse.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
................. because I didn't take a "human" prescriprion drug until I was in my mid-20s, QUOTE]

uhmmmmmmmmmmmm, what kind of 'drugs' DID you take, way back in the '70's?

:lmfao: JK

seriously ............. just do the research, like BB said. WALGREEN'S advertises they can fill your PET PRESCRIPTIONS. Most are the same thing, key word is MOST, does not mean mammals only. Dosages are by body weight, on some drugs; a cow / horse may use the same drug, but NOT the same dose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom