Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped by Hefner for about an hour this morning, caught this guy:
1652450584304.png

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had never been to Haskell Lake before, not realizing that it was only 10 minutes from my custom container built home, but when CARP we're mentioned, I just had to go check it out.

I walked around the little 13 acre lake 3 times, and never saw the first carp, which was quite disappointing.

I did however see a lot of bass!

I have never been to any lake before that was patrolled like like as much as what this little lake was. Police in SUV's we're making their rounds around the lake every 30 to 45 minutes, which was great to see. I was also stopped and checked for my fishing license by a local Game Warden. So needless to say, this is a very secure fishing area.

But, the most "interesting" part of my fishing trip was the lady that showed up at the swimming area. I was set up directly across the lake from her when she got there. After she got her stuff set up at the swimming area, she kept walking back and forth between her car and the swimming area for about ten minutes, when a police cruiser made it's rounds around the lake, and as soon as it was out of sight, she stripped down to her birthday suit, took several selfies, put her bathing suit on and went swimming, then got on air mattress and laid out in the sun for a couple of hours.

My third trip around the lake, by the swimming area, showed this middle age lady to be quiet beautiful!

The road around the lake was absolutely terrible! But, when I was getting ready to leave, there was a guy who had brought in a big bobcat on a trailer and started grading the road around the lake, which was very badly needed.

A couple of pictures of the lake:

IMG_20220512_110611.jpg

IMG_20220512_110520.jpg

IMG_20220512_110513.jpg

IMG_20220512_114922.jpg

IMG_20220512_110536.jpg

Settled_Nomad

"Be Curious, Not Judgmental." -- Ted Lasso
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't been fishing in years and it's been a sore subject with me. However, me and my son were able to get out and fish a neighbors farm pond yesterday. We caught a few perch and then I landed this monstrous bass! I didn't have scales, but my inner fish-senses tells me that it was about 14lbs.

P.S. for size reference, the rooster tail has to be at least 9" long and weighs an easy 14 oz.

View attachment 269886
weigh the picture. I'll bet its in the upper 16lbs

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had never been to Haskell Lake before, not realizing that it was only 10 minutes from my custom container built home, but when CARP we're mentioned, I just had to go check it out.

I walked around the little 13 acre lake 3 times, and never saw the first carp, which was quite disappointing.

I have never been to any lake before that was patrolled like like as much as what this little lake was. Police in SUV's we're making their rounds around the lake every 30 to 45 minutes, which was great to see. I was also stopped and checked for my fishing license by a local Game Warden. So needless to say, this is a very secure fishing area.

But, the most "interesting" part of my fishing trip was the lady that showed up at the swimming area. I was set up directly across the lake from her when she got there. After she got her stuff set up at the swimming area, she kept walking back and forth between her car and the swimming area for about ten minutes, when a police cruiser made it's rounds around the lake, and as soon as it was out of sight, she stripped down to her birthday suit, took several selfies, put her bathing suit on and went swimming, then got on air mattress and laid out in the sun for a couple of hours.

My third trip around the lake, by the swimming area, showed this middle age lady to be quiet beautiful!

The road around the lake was absolutely terrible! But, when I was getting ready to leave, there was a guy who had brought in a big bobcat on a trailer and started grading the road around the lake, which was very badly needed.

View attachment 272348

View attachment 272349

View attachment 272350

View attachment 272351

View attachment 272352
Look who is back from the dead! It's a miracle!!!! So many people mourning your loss at your funeral.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 272348

View attachment 272349

View attachment 272350

View attachment 272351

View attachment 272352
I don't see the beautiful lady.

Latest posts

Top Bottom