Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
36ahj1.jpg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was 16, Papa, my brother (14) and my friend were on the creek, squirrel hunting.

I seen a Toyota Corolla driving across the pasture, goes up the hill and stops under a big oak tree. This gal squeezes out of the car. She had to be 350-400#. She strips down, gets a blanket and walks out of sight.

I went back to the creek and got the others to head out. We are going up the hill, Papa sees the car, asks me, "who is that? I have seen tracks where somebody been driving in the pasture."

We keep walking up the hill. I tell my brother and my friend, "let's start running up the hill, when we got close, shoot into the air and give a rebel yell."

We take off, I see the gal, off to the side, blanket in the sun, spread out, on her back.

I let loose 2 rounds in my 20ga SxS and YELL, YEE HAW!

The gal jumps up and runs directly at my brother. He yells, HELL NO! and runs away.

She dives into the Toyota and is cutting a doughnut to get away. The blanket and her clothes, left behind.

We got to town, Papa stops at coffee shop. His buddy asked if we seen anything. He says, "a bear".

"Bear?"

My brother says, "yeah, a BIG one."

10 minutes later, Hi-Po comes in, laughing.
I just stopped this gal, doing 80 and you aint going to believe the rest.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pulled the boat to the lake this evening. Pre Summer Mondays are usually pretty quiet. Found the crappie about 6 foot deep holding close to some cover. They would hit the jig if you were bumping the cover. Otherwise they wouldn't bite.
It was tough to concentrate on the fishing with the topless women playing volley ball on the nearby beach. 🤣 Anyways back to the fishing. Kept 10 nice crappie. Here are a couple next to a size 12 work boot.
20220516_211208.jpg
20220516_205638.jpg

Last edited:

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A year ago today I hiked that trail just below Bixhoma Lake following the over flow to a pool and fished it catching a bunch of Sunnies, so I thought I would try it again this morning. Our recent heavy rains moved a lot of debris from the surrounding hills into the lake and eventually to the overflow/spillway. Once I made my way down to the first pool I caught 21 on a Trim Grim and decided to see if I could find a Bass so I started throwing a 3" Trout worm but ended up catching 4 more Sunnies for a total of 24 and called it after an hour and headed back home. This will probably be my last time fishing there, the trail is a bit sketchy for the shape I`m in these days. <*{{{><

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

3.1.JPG

7 (2).JPG

8.JPG

5 (2).JPG
6 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom