Fixin' to try out Leatherman's 25 year warranty...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never used the customer service, but I really don’t know how I survived the first 50 years of my life without one.
I have literally used a Leatherman to keep a 1200 ton/day recycled fiber plant running until maintenance could get there to take over.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you think this is a bit unethical? Especially since you did not create the damage.
Possibly, no different than buying a broken tool or gun at the price it’s worth and then paying to have it fixed. With shipping and insurance, it’s close to $20

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never owned a Leatherman, although I do have a few "multi-tools" lying around somewhere. Maybe I've used one of them once.

I typically don't use one real often. Mostly when I don't feel like walking out to the garage to grab a screwdriver or something. I do use my SAKs quite often though.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought an old worn out Leatherman multi tool off of eBay for $9.00, sent it to Leatherman telling them that if it wasn’t covered under warranty to toss it in the trash. Today I received an email telling me they are sending me a replacement. This is the old one, the blades have been ground or filed, the numbers inside the knife indicat that it is far older than 2( years old which makes it ineligible for warranty replacement but they are replacing it regardless. I’ll post a photo of the replacement when it arrives. I sent the knife to them on the 8th of Aug and it is now the 15th and the replacement is in the mail so that’s a pretty quick turnaround-to answer s question posed earlier by a member.

Attachments

• IMG_2532.jpeg
    IMG_2532.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2530.jpeg
    IMG_2530.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2530.jpeg
    IMG_2530.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2532.jpeg
    IMG_2532.jpeg
  • IMG_2529.jpeg
    IMG_2529.jpeg

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you think this is a bit unethical? Especially since you did not create the damage.
IIRC, haven’t looked in a while, they offer a lifetime warranty, doesn’t state whether it’s to the original owner or not so if someone is not willing to send it back for repairs I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable with buying a defective one and returning it. They have the option to replace or reject.

Latest posts

Top Bottom