Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The article mainly warns against using the water to grow food for human consumption, and in a way that results in human contact. My idea would only grow deer food, in this case the clover idea shared by others.

Next thing they are going to tell me is not to drink out of my garden hose. 😀
Considering that nearly every animal that walks up to my corn piles or rice bran piles craps or pisses in it, I don't see the irrigation being a hazard to the animals.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The article mainly warns against using the water to grow food for human consumption, and in a way that results in human contact. My idea would only grow deer food, in this case the clover idea shared by others.

Next thing they are going to tell me is not to drink out of my garden hose. 😀
I agree. And depending on which aerobic system you go with will make a difference. If you spend a little more and go with the triple tank system, the water comes out very clean. Now, I wouldn’t drink it, but no reservations for the purpose mentioned in this thread.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Refugee- I will address your concerns in a couple days because I have a 3 day trade Show in OKC starting shortly. FYI I have 30+ years of wastewater experience and am licensed by ODEQ. and should be able to answer your questions.. Interesting concept though.
Listen to what this guy says!
He knows what he’s talking about!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Refugee- I will address your concerns in a couple days because I have a 3 day trade Show in OKC starting shortly. FYI I have 30+ years of wastewater experience and am licensed by ODEQ. and should be able to answer your questions.. Interesting concept though.
Told you guys. I was just frank about it. 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom