Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All Stock? You have some All Stock OKRuss?? Yum Yum, I'm out and my kids can sure use some with this cold. I'll be at the Bennet Building from 10:00AM until 8:00PM in the Marcum's Nursery Booth tomorrow and 11:00AM until 5:00PM on Sunday. Come see me!!!!

Refugee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Refugee- I will address your concerns in a couple days because I have a 3 day trade Show in OKC starting shortly. FYI I have 30+ years of wastewater experience and am licensed by ODEQ. and should be able to answer your questions.. Interesting concept though.
Good morning, would love to hear your input on this question. Thanks for doing what you do.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Retrieverman -Well let's see 1) yes I'm old 2) yes I forgot. I have been out of pocket since January 12th on the New Mexico elk hunt, a 3 day trade show and a trip to Nebraska to give a seminar on hydrogen sulfide generation in a sewer system. I have been busy. On top of that two close friends were found dead last Friday morning and Sunday morning. I have known the woman who died over 60 years as we were in Pre K together and grew up to graduate from high school together. Need I say more?

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Refugee - Now to address your question. I have worked over the past 30 years with many small towns in Oklahoma that have a wastewater lagoon system to treat their waste. Many of these towns use a pivot system to irrigate fields to provide a beneficial use for the discharge water. I,typically, recommend alfalfa or bermuda grass be planted under the pivot so a farmer can harvest the hay. You can do the same thing with your effluent water for your food plot. Nice question. I never thought about using it for a deer plot :clap3::clap3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom