Food that hurts my stomach

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of it sounds like Diverticulitis.

Umm.... not to me.

Anyways.... as mentioned above... Prilosec OTC. Changed my life. Literally...

Changed
My
Life

Greatest medication ever invented. :D

And it's $12 a month. :D

And I can now eat ANYthing I want with no problems (unless I OVEReat). :D

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a kid who was on meat-based formula his first year. Kid couldn't eat anything with milk in it. He's fine now -- handsome, strapping young fella with a houseful of kids ...

Here's another go vegan comment. Beef KILLS me when I eat it. Milk too. Fried foods make me sick just talking about them! Chicken is better, but still not good; fish is better ... it's just easier to eat a salad. Good side "effect" -- I've lost a bit of weight. (God knows THAT didn't hurt me any! Still got the danged boobs though ... I swear those things are like tumors! **sigh**)

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another go vegan comment. Beef KILLS me when I eat it. Milk too.

There's a whole lot of people that follow a primitive or paleo diet, meaning they follow a general principle of eating food that humans evolved to eat before we became accustomed to living in civilization and reliant on animal domestication (circa 20,000 year ago).

As in, eat small-ish potions of meat, though it can be fairly fatty (cave men weren't picky), but mostly raw vegetables and fruits that are not super sugary (i.e. avoiding lot of citrus and bananas). Very sparse dairy (and usually raw dairy and yogurt), and nary a grain to speak of. The story goes that primitive man didn't have the capacity to farm and mill grain, and we're not fit to digest those foods. There's also people who don't eat any milk or dairy, as they believe that once you're weaned, you're not intended to consume it any longer.

I can't say I buy into that completely, but I think there's some lessons that could be learned from all diets. If nothing else, it's good to remember that grains and dairy are both super dense when it comes to calories, so I try to minimize both (but real cheese is effin' delicious).

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
**snip** (but real cheese is effin' delicious).

Man oh man ... no kidding ... I made some mozzarella cheese the other day. Oh my ... I want to try my hand at some hard cheese but haven't gathered up the nerve (or the cheese press) yet.

Oddly enough, grains don't seem to bother me at all. I eat a bowl of oatmeal every single morning -- well, except when I feell like mixing it up and then I have rice or Malt o Meal -- but never any butter or milk -- just a little maple syrup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom