For the 1st Time in 42 years I am not Going to Vote...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DREW42

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your decision not to vote. Your vote will missed because we could use more people with your values to vote. People don't share your values and beliefs are going to continue to vote (more than once if they can) to keep this country heading in the direction you so despise. Voting is only small part that we can do to change things and get this country heading the right direction

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with all you have said.

I also find it ironic that just under your post, in your signature, you tell people to "Smile and laugh often -Life is GOOD!"

So which message should I take away from your post? We are helpless to effect change on a broken system where our votes don't count, or that life is good and we should smile and laugh?

The two seem quite contradictory.

Life is as good as you make it. Smiling and laughing make it better.

As someone once said: "Don't let the bastages get you down". I don't. The country may be going down hill fast and I don't have to like it but I also don't have to let it make me feel bad. I just have to deal with it.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I can't speak for the original poster, but I attended meetings, Tea Party rallies, and wrote letters to representatives, both on the state and national levels.

Over the years I have written many a letter. Once I even wrote a letter to the POPE! All I ever received in return were form letters written by some fawning lackey.

So I started making phone calls and instead of reading what a fawning lackey wrote I got to listen to a fawning lackey on the phone.

In my original post I used the term RULER instead of elected representative for a reason.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
giant.gfycat.com_PrestigiousGargantuanCrownofthornsstarfish.gif

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This morning I kinda was feeling the same way as the OP. But I got up in the rain and voted. I feel better about doing it. If I wanna ***** about who is in office, at least I did a little something to try and change. My 2 cents.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from. As someone whose political beliefs are diametrically opposed to both of the dominant political philosophies in this country, I can rarely determine who I think is the "lesser evil" on the ballot; and in the event that someone does get on the ballot with something resembling my views, he is almost certainly some obscure independent candidate whose odds of winning are somewhere between winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning while getting bit by a shark on an airplane.

I'm not even one of those who thinks that voting is an act of aggression, or an expression of consent or subservience, like many who share my beliefs think... I just think it is usually nothing more than a serial killer beauty pageant, and a waste of time.

That's not to say that getting involved in the political system is always a waste of time... Just that the important decisions are already made by the second Tuesday in November; and the process by which they are made strongly favors the selection of people who desire for more force to be initiated by the government. Diffuse costs and concentrated benefits. Not a very fun game for a guy whose only desire for the politicians and government is for them to initiate less force... you can see why I don't often play.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Itsa free country. Don't vote. But why post your apathy here? I guarantee nobody on this board feels sorry for you for not voting.

And I'm sure sometime in the next 2, 4 or 6 years you'll whine about some political issue and sound exactly like the typical whining hypocrites who don't or didn't vote.

Latest posts

Top Bottom