For the love of God....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've struggled real hard several times and had enough bad luck to last a lifetime. (Some of it self induced) and only once did I accept an offer from a friend for help. He knew the situation and offered. I'd sooner sell all my non essential possessions than ask for a huge handout. I donate to storm victims etc. all the time but mostly in things they need not money. I do give to some charitable org's around the holidays. (One here on OSA that does great work) I donated quite a bit to a go fund me for the children of a friend that died in accident but asking me to buy you a house ???? It's a ****** situation all around and there's assistance available for rent cost etc. but you're living with your parents with 3 1/2 kids I can empathize with your situation but figure out another way. You can't have a luxury lifestyle with no initiative/work ethic. Make due with what's available. May not be what you want but as my grandma always said. County state and world there's only three kinds of fair.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think ya'll understand. i'll splain it................okay......mom and dad was giving a free house, now that house got blowed down,so somebody else needs to give a free house. get it?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've struggled real hard several times and had enough bad luck to last a lifetime. (Some of it self induced) and only once did I accept an offer from a friend for help. He knew the situation and offered. I'd sooner sell all my non essential possessions than ask for a huge handout. I donate to storm victims etc. all the time but mostly in things they need not money. I do give to some charitable org's around the holidays. (One here on OSA that does great work) I donated quite a bit to a go fund me for the children of a friend that died in accident but asking me to buy you a house ???? It's a ****** situation all around and there's assistance available for rent cost etc. but you're living with your parents with 3 1/2 kids I can empathize with your situation but figure out another way. You can't have a luxury lifestyle with no initiative/work ethic. Make due with what's available. May not be what you want but as my grandma always said. County state and world there's only three kinds of fair.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Your grandma was right ... I'm so glad I raised my 3 boys to stand on their own two feet and deal with life instead of expecting others to fix what comes their way ... Life ain't fair ... and some days are worse than others.

I'm glad you made it though ... your fiance has a good man at her side ...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will buy food if you are hungry but I will not give you the money and walk away.
Crap you are bad with money to begin with what is to say you will buy food.

I have a tent and it is a nice one I will donate for a time..
I do a lot of bartering and I have lived nowhere with nothing but the clothes on my back.
Lived in a hole I dug for 2 weeks.

I also lived outside near a pond and field in a stick and cedar shelter I made.. it sucked .
I found out a buddies parents got a new refrigerator and the box was beside the house... I slept in it and thought I was in hog heaven. Clean and dry.

I was in my teens then and ran away from home and left everyone as I had enough of the BS and beatings.

I got older and wiser

My cars were always used and paid for and never had credit cards and never had cable TV or a cell phone.
I lived way below my means.
Even when I made good money I ate a can of beans and a can of tuna fish for lunch when I was splurging.
If I ran out I had dry oatmeal to eat.. 3 table spoons of that and some free water and you are full for a long time.

Now I do have a tent I will loan,, better than where I have been.
I would even buy a needy guy a roll of tarp to stretch over and around it to make it 100% water proof.
There should be a slab and wood build stuff/ make fire .. I have a grill I will donate and an ice chest.

But NO money towards a house from me.
I would think with the stuff laying around the property you can make a shelter.

Well city may kick you off of it.. but that takes time

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of opinions of GFM type sites. Firstly, it's really pretty sad state of affairs that online panhandling exists and it's obviously successful or people wouldn't do it. I did read about it a little and it seems like that most "donors" are friends and family, basically people the GFM posts know. What is really really sad is that GFM keeps an 8% premium of the "donations" which means that they are carving a significant chunk of change right off the top. When you consider that most donors and "donies" know each other, it's even more pathetic because those "please pay for my *" campaigns would have been better funded by just asking the people directly.

Second to that, I feel like a lot of folks in this thread do. I took my but from living in my car outside of high school in January to the military to now what I feel like is a decent quality life. Nothing was given to me and the only thing I've ever asked for was a chance. I would much rather have knowledge than a dollar. I'm not uncharitable, I've done fundraisers for children's cancer, helped tornado victims clear debrish, etc. I just think if you can't earn it, you don't deserve it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder, does GFM also hold out taxes ... and provide 1099s at the end of the year? I'm asking because I honestly don't know ...

I'd also add a personal note to David.

David, I know what it is like to not be able to provide for your family in the way you would like to. I also think that given the responses to your request, both here and in other places, that you might consider that because you became angry at someone you ASKED to hold you accountable, that MAYBE God is attempting to get your attention this way ...

Like swampratt, I'd be glad to donate groceries but no money. And don't worry about my other book I lent you ... you have plenty of other things to think about now. Best of luck to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom