For you guys interested in what is going on in Japan ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the blog of a guy who is there now and living it -- Not the news crews who flew in with all their "stuff" ...

http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/?page_id=936/general-discussion/sirusblacks-updates-from-japan/

I've found it very interesting so far once you get past all the dullards over here who think they have some insight into what is going on in his backyard. (I gotta learn to not read the comments! LOL)

Also, here is a woman's blog from Japan. She seems to have been a bit more prepared than he did ...

Redone link: http://actegratuit.blogspot.com/2011/03/surviving-earthquake-in-japan.html

Needless to say their comments are for the most part short, sweet and to the point but I think I need to keep more cash on me now ... We are notorious for just swiping the old debit card or writing a check ...

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the blog of a guy who is there now and living it -- Not the news crews who flew in with all their "stuff" ...

http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/?page_id=936/general-discussion/sirusblacks-updates-from-japan/

I've found it very interesting so far once you get past all the dullards over here who think they have some insight into what is going on in his backyard. (I gotta learn to not read the comments! LOL)

Also, here is a woman's blog from Japan. She seems to have been a bit more prepared than he did ...

http://actegratuit.blogspot.co…..japan.html

Needless to say their comments are for the most part short, sweet and to the point but I think I need to keep more cash on me now ... We are notorious for just swiping the old debit card or writing a check ...

I've been thinking this for the last few weeks. I'm notorious for using up my stash on toys that make noise....

Those links are pretty interesting.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shadowrider ... you've seen how we operate ... ohhhhh, it goes BANG!! ohhhhh, we "NEED" it ... lol

Many thanks this is great information, and it is nice to get the non-sensationalized version!

No kidding. The other thing that caught my attention is the cold. I don't know about you guys but I'm can't function when I am cold. I'm not talking it's not good, or it's uncomfortable or I just don't like it ... I mean I simply cannot function. GC says he has never seen anyone who can show symptoms of hypothermia as quickly as I can. Guess his ex- was right when she said I was a cold-hearted ... well ... anyway ... I get cold way too easy. We need some more long johns around here.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a good thread BadgeBunny! Very good indeed. I wish I had seen it earlier. Thanks for starting it and thanks for the links. I'm getting a "Server not found" on the second one.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shadowrider ... you've seen how we operate ... ohhhhh, it goes BANG!! ohhhhh, we "NEED" it ... lol

No kidding. The other thing that caught my attention is the cold. I don't know about you guys but I'm can't function when I am cold. I'm not talking it's not good, or it's uncomfortable or I just don't like it ... I mean I simply cannot function. GC says he has never seen anyone who can show symptoms of hypothermia as quickly as I can. Guess his ex- was right when she said I was a cold-hearted ... well ... anyway ... I get cold way too easy. We need some more long johns around here.

Nahhhh. You are not cold-hearted, just cold blooded. You know, like a lizard. :D

Seriously, thanks for the links.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danggit Rick ... you've got me all figured out! LOL

Mylar sleeping bag. 2 ounces. Ever tried one just to see if they work? I bet you have. Shockingly effective.

You know ... actually I have not. GC tells me Red Dawn has some. This is the first winter we have had a goose down comforter on the bed. I actually have to kick it off me every once in a while but we have kept the heater down on 60 all winter and I survived. I wish I had a couple more of them.

I dunno about that second link ... I'll go see if I can redo it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom