Free speech, Garland Tx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is placating Muslims or avoiding free speech. Nobody on this board went to the cartoon show.

It doesn't serve any good whatsoever to draw cartoons that's ment as an insult. Its same with burning a flag.....burn it on the Capitol steps if ya want, but burning a flag in street by Hoddy s house is gonna illicit a response ya might not want.

Nobody on this board can give a good legitimate reason for doing what Gellar did......there's no good reason for it, other than putting people's lives in danger.

Its a douche move on anyone's part to attempt incite a bunch of people who have no problems building a bomb big enough to destroy a city block.

If people of Gellar ilk keep on screwing around, there will be another Murrah type event......it's needless and pointless.

I think the point is to tell them to "put up or shut up" so to speak. IOW, bring it on because we are sick and tired of hearing how we are the all of the world's problem, if you don't like America, "bring it" and see what happens or GTFO. We ain't skeert!

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess my point is that if not a cartoon, they will use some other excuse to build a block leveling bomb. And if we don't draw cartoons, they will still build bombs. At what point do we stop hiding for fear of their bombs and start destroying the bomb makers. Yeah I know, it's more complicated but that is not a complication we can avoid by worrying about offending them into killing us.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess my point is that if not a cartoon, they will use some other excuse to build a block leveling bomb. And if we don't draw cartoons, they will still build bombs. At what point do we stop hiding for fear of their bombs and start destroying the bomb makers. Yeah I know, it's more complicated but that is not a complication we can avoid by worrying about offending them into killing us.

Yep. You can't have freedom of speech, but.......(fill in the blank)

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see how "poking the bear" might be exhilarating, but the consequences can spill beyond the person doing the poking.

How different this conversation would be if they shot up a daycare in retaliation.

As had already been said, it is certainly your right to offend, but be ready to reap the repercussions.

You can protest something you strongly believe in while being tactful.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Now, some of the politically correct say our Muslim allies may not want to join with us if a private event is held like his one

Agreed ... and this show was of value to our Muslim allies.

Only about ten percent of the Muslim world agrees with the jihad. While that number is sizeable (over 300m), the majority of Muslims (what some would call "jack-Muslims") want Islam to evolve and they disagree and oppose the abject subjugation of Sharia. The Islamists/jihadis that are objecting to the cartoon are the very ones that our allies in Jordan and Egypt want our help destroying.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because it's not really that hard not to instigate trouble. You may be ok with great big bombs blowing up and killing innocents......but I'd rather Gellar n her ilk to go to middle east and hold cartoon contests.

Lurker66 … Your intentions and logic are well intended. You think that if we leave the jihadis alone and "don't instigate" anything that they will leave us alone. However if you study history you will find that after almost 1,400 years this strategy of appeasement … no matter how well intended … has never worked.

The reason why it has not worked is because the “true believer” has a nonnegotiable religious mandate to take Islam to every corner of the world (which would include the metropolis known as “Pink”) or die trying. They have not and they will not stop their holy war (jihad) until you submit (the Arabic root to “Islam” is “submission”). It’s not because they “need jobs” or that they are pissed over a cartoon or don’t like the accommodations at GITMO. It is because they are commanded to and to disobey will get your head lopped off.

Secondly, demonstrating free speech in our country does not make one the proverbial “bad guy”. The real issue is the jihadis that are killing people around the world. This is a global war that has little to do with cartoons.

Playing “nice” with Islam will get your head cut off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lurker66 … Your intentions and logic are well intended. You think that if we leave the jihadis alone and "don't instigate" anything that they will leave us alone. However if you study history you will find that after almost 1,400 years this strategy of appeasement … no matter how well intended … has never worked.

The reason why it has not worked is because the “true believer” has a nonnegotiable religious mandate to take Islam to every corner of the world (which would include the metropolis known as “Pink”) or die trying. They have not and they will not stop their holy war (jihad) until you submit (the Arabic root to “Islam” is “submission”). It’s not because they “need jobs” or that they are pissed over a cartoon or don’t like the accommodations at GITMO. It is because they are commanded to and to disobey will get your head lopped off.

Secondly, demonstrating free speech in our country does not make one the proverbial “bad guy”. The real issue is the jihadis that are killing people around the world. This is a global war that has little to do with cartoons.

Playing “nice” with Islam will get your head cut off.

We had the same attitude before WWII both in the US and in the UK. Neville Chamberlin preached appeasement as did Woodrow Wilson.

Sound Familiar?

in 1938, Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, French Premier Edouard Daladier, and British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain sign the Munich Pact, which seals the fate of Czechoslovakia, virtually handing it over to Germany in the name of peace. Upon return to Britain, Chamberlain would declare that the meeting had achieved “peace in our time.”

Although the agreement was to give into Hitler’s hands only the Sudentenland, that part of Czechoslovakia where 3 million ethnic Germans lived, it also handed over to the Nazi war machine 66 percent of Czechoslovakia’s coal, 70 percent of its iron and steel, and 70 percent of its electrical power. It also left the Czech nation open to complete domination by Germany. In short, the Munich Pact sacrificed the autonomy of Czechoslovakia on the altar of short-term peace-very short term. The terrorized Czech government was eventually forced to surrender the western provinces of Bohemia and Moravia (which became a protectorate of Germany) and finally Slovakia and the Carpathian Ukraine. In each of these partitioned regions, Germany set up puppet, pro-Nazi regimes that served the military and political ends of Adolf Hitler. By the time of the invasion of Poland in September 1939, the nation called “Czechoslovakia” no longer existed.

It was Neville Chamberlain who would be best remembered as the champion of the Munich Pact, having met privately with Hitler at Berchtesgaden, the dictator’s mountaintop retreat, before the Munich conference. Chamberlain, convinced that Hitler’s territorial demands were not unreasonable (and that Hitler was a “gentleman”), persuaded the French to join him in pressuring Czechoslovakia to submit to the Fuhrer’s demands. Upon Hitler’s invasion of Poland a year later, Chamberlain was put in the embarrassing situation of announcing that a “state of war” existed between Germany and Britain. By the time Hitler occupied Norway and Denmark, Chamberlain was finished as a credible leader. “Depart, I say, and let us have done with you!” one member of Parliament said to him, quoting Oliver Cromwell. Winston Churchill would succeed him as prime minister soon afterwards.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is placating Muslims or avoiding free speech.

You are by advocating not practicing our right to free speech in order to placate the “five pillars” of Islam.

Nobody on this board can give a good legitimate reason for doing what Gellar did......there's no good reason for it, other than putting people's lives in danger.

I respectfully disagree. The First Amendment is as a “legitimate reason” for free speech as is our Second Amendment a “legitimate reason” for the right to keep and bear arms. Secondly, the people that were there were there on their own free will. The person that won the contest was an ex-Muslim who wanted to illustrate (pun intended) a point.

Its a douche move on anyone's part to attempt incite a bunch of people who have no problems building a bomb big enough to destroy a city block. If people of Gellar ilk keep on screwing around, there will be another Murrah type event......it's needless and pointless.

Being free and having our Constitution to follow is less of “douche move” than pulling up some knee pads and submitting to the Islamist. You have the choice to live on your knees or live standing up to the intolerance and brutality of Islam.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We had the same attitude before WWII both in the US and in the UK. Neville Chamberlin preached appeasement as did Woodrow Wilson.

Sound Familiar?

Oh yes. History tends to have rerun cycles. I am waiting to see if we can get leadership that does not dither nor "leads from behind" to see the rerun of the Crusades.

BTW ... if you are the 12th Imam you really should consider telling the Islamists to to cut this jihadi crap out. :wink2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yes. History tends to have rerun cycles. I am waiting to see if we can get leadership that does not dither nor "leads from behind" to see the rerun of the Crusades.

BTW ... if you are the 12th Imam you really should consider telling the Islamists to to cut this jihadi crap out. :wink2:

The title was bestowed on me by our esteemed leader/forum owner, after a contentious discussion that labored into the night. Nuff said.

Back on topic, history rarely lies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom