FREEDOM GROUP being sold now... (Bushmaster, Remington, Marlin, etc...)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

In response to the Sandy Hook murders and under pressure from the California State Teachers' Retirement System, Cerberus is selling it's stake in Freedom Group which consists of companies we all know:

Advanced Armament Corporation
Barnes Bullets
Bushmaster Firearms International
Dakota Arms
DPMS Panther Arms
H & R Firearms
Marlin
Mountain Khakis
Para USA[4]
Parker Gunmakers
Remington Arms
Remington Military
Remington LE
Remington PMPD
TAPCO

This sickens me. Talk about a metaphor for this whole deal... FREEDOM is being sold.

I only hope that some actual FREEDOM minded investors are able to step up and fund these companies and continue on successfully with them. From what I'm hearing, Cerberus holds around 6% of Freedom Group.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/18/cerberus-freedomgroup-idUSL5E8NI1A720121218

Dec 18 (Reuters) - Following pressure from a major investor, U.S. private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management is selling gunmaker Freedom Group, whose Bushmaster AR-15 rifle was used in the Connecticut school massacre last week.

The California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS) said on Monday it was reviewing its investment with Cerberus in the wake of Friday's shooting, in which a gunman killed 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School and then took his own life.

Last edited:

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What an opportunity for the Soros/Buffett's of the world to take action with their money.. Buying and shuttering these companies would be a major impact to the gun market.

But that will never happen, as vocal as those guys et al are about social policy, they're all about the money...

Latest posts

Top Bottom