Possible Taurus Takeover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have handled several Taurus guns over the years from semi-auto's to revolvers and I've yet to be impressed. Comparing Taurus products with Rugers or S&W is mind boggling. Certainly their production methods have improved and their quality has gone from horrible to spotty but a great gun company that doesn't make. I do think they are striving to be better but they aren't near Ruger or S&W yet. They've garnered a large share of the market by offering lower price knock-offs to customers. The last time I was chatting with one of the sales guys at H&H we were talking about a guy buying a Taurus Judge when the sales guy whispers that he bet the customer would be back in a week because most of the Judges they sell come right back for repair. You'll never hear that about Ruger or S&W. Taurus will have to do some serious improvement before I would buy one.

If they buy those companies I'll be pretty disappointed. However, it would still be better than them all going under of course.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I was chatting with one of the sales guys at H&H we were talking about a guy buying a Taurus Judge when the sales guy whispers that he bet the customer would be back in a week because most of the Judges they sell come right back for repair. You'll never hear that about Ruger or S&W. Taurus will have to do some serious improvement before I would buy one.

If they buy those companies I'll be pretty disappointed. However, it would still be better than them all going under of course.

Ill have to disagree with you here. I bought a S&W M&P15-22 brand new from Academy. The box had. Never been opened. We took it home cleaned it and went to the range. We fired about 50 rounds through it and then boom. It fired with the chamber opened. The extractor was bad in it. Called S&W to complain and their response was "this is a known issue with these. The extractor was put in incorrectly during their assembly." I sent the weapon back and they repaired it at no cost to me(great customer service. So to say you would never see this from S&W, you need to look around a little harder.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why Would you compare them to a S&W or Ruger?
Thats not their intent, it is to produce inexpensive copys of proven platforms.
I've had/have several and they go bang Everytime, maybe not as finely finished but still inexpensive.
Ive heard all the Horror storys of xxxx rounds and crapping out, falling apart.
If you want a Smith or Ruger then by all means Pay for one, I just dont see the bashing of another brand to be beneficial!
And Good For Them to try to keep these other businesses going, because these other companys just dont believe in or have the fortitude to fight for their companys.
Most of their guns are fairly decent...some even better than oh say a Sigma!
Continue on ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom