Possible Taurus Takeover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As Taurus currently charges "$450 for a $150 firearm", I don't see any possibility of a price break on any of the listed companies. I can see Taurus investing in a technology/other foriegn market to bring manufacturing costs down, but that wont translate to lower final product costs. It's a business to make money... They will make as much as possible

I know Taurus has a handful of satisfied fanboys out there, I certainly know a few in person. And I'm genuinely happy those poor souls are happy with their paperweights. But most I know play the part of satisfied customer just to protect their own ego...

So you know this because you have own quite a few Taurus guns and they were junk? Or because of your extensive research with Taurus guns? Care to elaborate?

Last edited:

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just asking to back up your statements saying Taurus sells $150 guns for $450. So no proof of that huh? I'm not a Taurus fan just asking to show proof. But I didn't expect any either. They sell their guns cheaper because of lower wages in Brazil. As far as their quality, from the research I did, their revolvers are not quite the quality of Smith and Wesson but their semi-auto's are pretty good. If you want a little proof from real Taurus reviews just let me know and I can provide.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just asking to back up your statements saying Taurus sells $150 guns for $450. So no proof of that huh? I'm not a Taurus fan just asking to show proof. But I didn't expect any either. They sell their guns cheaper because of lower wages in Brazil. As far as their quality, from the research I did, their revolvers are not quite the quality of Smith and Wesson but their semi-auto's are pretty good. If you want a little proof from real Taurus reviews just let me know and I can provide.

That's the beauty of an opinion... No facts needed. Opinions are infallible. I like my Judge, but I'm always afraid shooting it will break it

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Raging Bull in 454 Casull that I liked. That said, I bought a PT111 that was junk out of the box. I thought I would give them another chance when I bought a PT709 slim. It was junk. One of my son's friend just bought a PT709 slim after I told him it was junk. They took it shooting last weekend and the extractor broke. Now I have it on the gun bench and I am trying to get him another extractor for it. I called Friday, but after waiting on hold for 30 minutes and still having 30 callers ahead of me. I gave up.
I will never own another.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have owned a Taurus 617 and it was a great gun ( only sold it because I needed the money) and currently own the S&W Sigma also a great gun ( shoots anything I put in it) .

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a taurus 444 lightweight 44 mag and it works great. I also have a s&w 15-22 that broke the 3rd time i took it to the range. My favorite is S&W even though my M&P has had problems. Every manufacturer has problems with guns. If yall don't want Taurus to buy them then buy it yourself

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a taurus 444 lightweight 44 mag and it works great. I also have a s&w 15-22 that broke the 3rd time i took it to the range. My favorite is S&W even though my M&P has had problems. Every manufacturer has problems with guns. If yall don't want Taurus to buy them then buy it yourself

Incorrect. FNH does not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom