FREEDOM GROUP being sold now... (Bushmaster, Remington, Marlin, etc...)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bushmaster XM15 was used, per the CSP (Connecticut State Police) for most of the killings. The handgun was used for the self-inflicted. I saw where the two handguns was a Sig Sauer 9mm and a Glock 10mm

What they found in the trunk was a Saiga 12 gauge assault shotgun.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I misheard...I thought the only guns used in the shooting were 2 handguns and the AR was found in the trunk of the car, unused? I guess I better read up on it, instead of listening to everyone talk...

IIRC, the murderer used an AR and carried Glock and Sig pistols. Police found a second AR in his car.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Cerberus filed papers in 2009 to take Freedom Group public, but it withdrew the bid in 2011 without saying why. A Cerberus spokesman declined to comment Tuesday beyond the company's statement.

Freedom Group has lost money in four of the last five years, according to financial filings on its website. Revenue in 2011 was $775 million, down from $848.7 million in 2009. Slightly more than half of its 2011 revenue came from guns, much of the rest from ammunition....

Shares in publicly traded gun makers declined for a third-straight day.

Shares of Sturm, Ruger & Co. dropped 7.7 percent to close at $40.60. They have fallen almost 11 percent since Thursday, the day before the shooting. Shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. fell 10 percent to $7.79 — down almost 15 percent from their Thursday close.

Outdoor goods retailer Cabela's Inc. fell almost 6 percent to close at $38.77....]

http://news.yahoo.com/investors-tur...EtNDk3My0xMWUyLWJiN2UtZTIxOTE2YmUxYzZl;_ylv=3

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
[Cerberus filed papers in 2009 to take Freedom Group public, but it withdrew the bid in 2011 without saying why. A Cerberus spokesman declined to comment Tuesday beyond the company's statement.

Freedom Group has lost money in four of the last five years, according to financial filings on its website. Revenue in 2011 was $775 million, down from $848.7 million in 2009. Slightly more than half of its 2011 revenue came from guns, much of the rest from ammunition....

Shares in publicly traded gun makers declined for a third-straight day.

Shares of Sturm, Ruger & Co. dropped 7.7 percent to close at $40.60. They have fallen almost 11 percent since Thursday, the day before the shooting. Shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. fell 10 percent to $7.79 - down almost 15 percent from their Thursday close.

Outdoor goods retailer Cabela's Inc. fell almost 6 percent to close at $38.77....]

http://news.yahoo.com/investors-tur...EtNDk3My0xMWUyLWJiN2UtZTIxOTE2YmUxYzZl;_ylv=3

With whats going on I may need to look at buying up a bunch of it...... Thanks for the heads up!

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I misheard...I thought the only guns used in the shooting were 2 handguns and the AR was found in the trunk of the car, unused? I guess I better read up on it, instead of listening to everyone talk...

The story changed, just like the other person detained at the scene, the mother working at the school, the brother taken into custody, the missing girlfriend.

jayhawkclint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see this as nothing more than a foresight on the investors' part that an AR ban is imminent. If (when) a ban takes place, think about how deeply their sales are going to be affected when they can only sell to a relatively narrow market of LE. They are going to have to lay off workers, consolidate some factories, restructure their sales strategy, etc. Think about it this way: If you owned x amount of stock today, and you knew that in a best case scenario it would be worth about the same 6 months from now, but in a worst case scenario it was going to be worth pennies on the dollar, what would be the downside to you selling?

Latest posts

Top Bottom