Frist Glock questions....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny68

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Glock 23 is on the way. I just brought a 1,000 once fired brass. Got some bullets. Some powder and primers. Now I see people mentioning that you shouldn't shoot reloads in a Glock because of an "unsupported chamber". This will be a Gen 3 or Gen 4. Don't know what my FFL ended up ordering yet. So what is the truth: are reloads taboo in a newer Glock? Need to know.... Tim

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Don't shoot lead in the Glock factory polygonal barrel, but jacketed or plated bullets are ok. No problem loading 40s&w for Glock's, just remember that 40s&w is already at the edge for pressure and INSPECT the brass carefully and don't push any loads. Newer Glocks (even 3rd gen) have had much better case support for a long time (years), so a new 3rd or 4th gen shouldn't be too bad on brass.

Good luck,

Alan

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
also note that since you are getting a 40 cal glock, you can also purchase additional barrels in 9mm and 357 sig. Although with a 9mm barrel, you will probably need 9mm mags. (The forty-cal mags will work for 357 sig).

Latest posts

Top Bottom