From S&W ... Ammunition Warning for Ti, Sc, PD Series Revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinking about switching my carry ammo to standard pressure loads. I'll probably still check it out at the range but I've never carried anything other than speer gold dots 135 gr. It's things like this that make me want to hunt down another model 60 stainless like I had back in the day, but those aren't rated for +p ammo, which was why I got the 637 airweight in the first place. Decisions, decisions....

I had a really nice model 60 until my wife saw it.
Now it has pink grips on it and she carries it everywhere.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This same warning is in the Ruger manual for the LCR. I loaded a cylinder full of Blazer(my bad I was going cheap) standard pressure 158 gr. lead. Two of the bullets unseated and jammed it up good. Everything else (including +P) has worked flawlessly. Say what you will about guns being disposable and what not but Glocks are lasting many hundreds of thousands of rounds with no ill effects.The only polymer on this LCR is what holds the trigger group. Im sure it will last longer than I do. Besides these little guns arent meant to be shot a lot. Carried a lot and shot a little.

Latest posts

Top Bottom