Full auto malfunction? HELP!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I went and fired my new AR today. I built it from some new parts, some left over from an older AR. The first trigger pull let off 4 rounds. I was only expecting one since it is semi-auto. The next trigger pull was the correct 1 round, then the next was no round, primer was dinged, not fully dented. Then various cycles of the aforementioned issues, and sometimes the BCG would just lock open. I have no idea what is causing this. While full auto and burst is super awesome, I would rather have a reliable(and legal) gun, not one I have to continually clear misfires from. Any ideas on what is causing this to happen?

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I installed a new lower parts kit, so nothing worn there. But I may not have gotten the disconnect spring locked in place during assembly. I don't see it in there now. I'll have to take it apart and get a better look at it.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sumo pretty much covered it. Worn disconnector/hammer, incorrectly installed/missing disconnector spring, or someone tried to lighten the trigger pull and the nose of the trigger or the notch in the hammer is incorrectly honed.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must admit, it was a thrill to have that first trigger pull go full auto firing. :fullauto: But I don't feel safe with it since it isn't supposed to do that. I'm just going to have to save my pennies and get a proper one.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it not just the spring. Take the offending parts out and put them away from the gun until you get it sorted out or get it looked at by somebody.

Remember that guy in Minn. or where ever got turned in by the range operator and went to jail over a simple malfunction.

You posted it here for all the world to see.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it not just the spring. Take the offending parts out and put them away from the gun until you get it sorted out or get it looked at by somebody.

Remember that guy in Minn. or where ever got turned in by the range operator and went to jail over a simple malfunction.

You posted it here for all the world to see.

+1 - get it fixed soon or remove the FCG. What LPK did you use and what lower is it in?

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a DPMS LPK in a CMMG lower. And yes I did a function check without ammo. It seemed correct. I'm going to tear it down when I get home from work and look everything over.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
get it fix asap my friend, kinda scary when that happened. I've learned this from Olyeller, after installed a new trigger kit he told me to load 2 rounds in the mag and try it out first, if nothing happen then I'm good to go. I still do that every time I visit the range. I have JP and RRA trigger, they're good but never know things can happen anytime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom