Funny conversation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work in Bentonville, Arkinthaw, and meet some pretty interesting people on occasion. Yesterday was no exception.

A nice older fella and his wife dropped in and we started yakking about weather and the price of hubcaps. He told me that they were new to the area and had just relocated from Cali, where they had lived their entire lives. He said the reason they were bailing from the left coast is that "Nobody waves at you, the people are rude, and because LGBT has a different meaning." I was curious about the last part of that comment, but didn't want to pry. He cleared it up for me. He said "Here in Arkansas, LGBT stands for Liberty, Guns, the Bible, and Trucks". He then informed me that he was going this morning to pick up a brand new truck. I just nodded my head and welcomed him to Arkansas.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first husband was from Arkansas. I was single for 15 years before I tried being married again. Yeah, it was THAT bad. Lol (May the poor guy rest in peace.)

I like Arkansas, we used to live there when I was a wee kidlet. I've informed my wife that if we ever decide to relocate, northwest Arkansas would be the preference.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NW Arkansas is one of the prettiest spots on earth. Taking a leisurely canoe down the Buffalo River for a day or two is hard to beat. Dinner at Che Charles in Eureka Springs was pretty memorable as well. I can’t speak for the rest of the state, but I’d take it sight unseen over California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Grandad was from Indiana (he passed before I was born), and when I was about 16, Dad decided we'd take a vacation up that direction. We went through Hot Springs on the way.

The Ozarks were the prettiest country I'd ever seen.

And I still remember a little cafe (somewhere?) in Arkansas, with a cute little waitress about my age that waited our table and served me a piece of blueberry pie.

<sigh> Memories are pretty cool. :drunk2:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first husband was from Arkansas. I was single for 15 years before I tried being married again. Yeah, it was THAT bad. Lol (May the poor guy rest in peace.)

Oh, this raises so many questions...

...since you said "may the poor guy rest in peace," does that mean he is dead? Is he in that condition because of your actions? Is the statute of limitations on such an action 15 years?

And here I thought I knew you. :blush:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, this raises so many questions...

...since you said "may the poor guy rest in peace," does that mean he is dead? Is he in that condition because of your actions? Is the statute of limitations on such an action 15 years?

And here I thought I knew you. :blush:

Yes, he is dead. I suppose that depends on who you ask. Again, I suppose that depends on who you ask. Clearly you never really knew me at all. I mean after all can you ever really know a stoner?

Latest posts

Top Bottom