Funny Craigslist Postings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Stumbled across this...

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/3605186478.html

97 Ford F-150 4x4 Extended Cab Lariat (Jenks turnpike)

Hey idiot. Just letting you know that the Turnpike Authority has flagged the truck I sold you. Keep running the tolls. It'll keep adding up. When and if you do decide to change over ownership, you'll have to pay the penalties before switching it over. Lol. Oklahoma tag number 829BHZ. Oh yeah. I know the tag is out of date also. Only a matter if time before you get pulled over. Why do you always run it on a Friday around 10-11am? On the Jenks/Peoria entrance?

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny but when my Gma traded in her old cadillac for a new one the dealer sold it and it was still in her name. Who ever bought it did the same thing plus parking tickets Took her a while to get it straight.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. I sold a guy a 4x4 chevy truck and he ran every toll gate in Oklahoma while it was still in my name, it took a long time to get it straightened out.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those toll violations add up fast! A few years ago the wife and I drove my mother's car to OKC instead of ours. I put my PikePass in Mom's car. I noticed the old style PikePass wasn't beeping as I went through the toll gates on Kirkpatrick, but figured it was because of all the snow and ice. When Monday rolled around I went to the PikePass office, turned out the battery died. My mom got a bill a few weeks later for over $700.00. She wasn't happy until I took care of it.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is why you need a bill of sale for any car transaction, it is your proof that you are not the owner.

I sold a truck to a guy several years ago, started getting dinged for parking tickets downtown on the truck, finally got the guy to take care of them. A couple of years later he called, his house burned, he had never transferred the title and wanted to know if I would file for a lost title for him...

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't there a form you can fill out that tells the state that you sold a vehicle? I know Texas has one you can fill out online that releases you from the vehicle.

Yes there is. You just go into the Tag Agency and fill out a quick little 1/4 page slip stating when you sold it and to whom. Sign it and be on your way. I think it costs $10 to do so, but it's worth the piece of mind and not having to deal with it later in some circumstances.

Latest posts

Top Bottom