Fur 2014/2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes sir, shoot and dump. Usually catch a couple a year. Your area has a bunch!
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_38591_1358009186481.jpg

They come to any lure just like a yote or a cat will. Trap close to the den. Position the trap a little farther off to the side because of their wider than normal body for their size. Use a LONG chain, they'll dig the stake up if a short chain is used.

A few they eat the rice bran the deer will stand there and watch them until they leave

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've not had a problem with blue skin.............have had a problems the last two years with rubbed furs earlier than usual. Curious to see what they'll bring. Talking with some guys up north, about 1/2 to 2/3 of last year of those guys selling to local buyers. Anticipating higher coyotes, average cats.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Example of blue skins. Not my pic, but a good example. Poor choice of stretcher too, stretcher should be the same width from the shoulder to the butt. Of course if you sell whole to a local buyer, blue skin is not an issue........rubbing is as the season goes on.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_bluecoons_zps9998c8ee.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I sell whole. The buyer doesn't pay a dime more for a finished hide.

If I were serious and wanted to get more money, I'd skin and take them to the auction vs the guy we take them to in KS.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I sell whole. The buyer doesn't pay a dime more for a finished hide.

That's to encourage us to sell whole to him, then he makes 3x what he pays us when he sells at NAFA lol :) Which, being a retired man like you are now, with lots of spare time on your hands....... :rolleyes: I'm just about the see the light again as far as time goes keeping up with the kids, hope to be putting up fur and shipping again soon.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's to encourage us to sell whole to him, then he makes 3x what he pays us when he sells at NAFA lol :) Which, being a retired man like you are now, with lots of spare time on your hands....... :rolleyes: I'm just about the see the light again as far as time goes keeping up with the kids, hope to be putting up fur and shipping again soon.

Time on my hands....are you freeking kidding me? I have no free time. Everybody has something that needs done every hour of the day.
I was asked to help a guy release weather balloons at 1am at Billings. Hell, I don't even have night to myself anymore. :D

Danged back has me at home.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Time on my hands....are you freeking kidding me? I have no free time. Everybody has something that needs done every hour of the day.
I was asked to help a guy release weather balloons at 1am at Billings. Hell, I don't even have night to myself anymore. :D

Danged back has me at home.

If you need help, let me know. I've counseled many people on this topic. It's called NO, just say NO, it's ok to say No...JUST SAY NO!!!! LOL!! :) I know what you mean.

Latest posts

Top Bottom