Fur Sale at Okemah on Sat.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any more trappers out there that made an effort this year. With the prices I have been hearing I wonder if it will be a waste of effort and gas to go to the fur sale in Okemah this Sat.

Fur prices sound pretty discouraging. :cry11:

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have run hot and cold about the fur sale. Right now I am not planning to go. All the reports I've hear are terrible...$3--$8 on really XX--XXX coons, no sale on large, mediums or smalls. $8. to $12 on cats. No market for coyotes, fox and beaver.

I too would appreciate a report on the sale if anyone goes.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the scoop on the fur sales. Why don't you go and give us a blow by blow report.

The last thing that I want to reaffirm is that we are still planning on holding two fur sales this February, 2010. The first will be on Feb. 6 at Okemah at the new fairgrounds building on SH-56 on the east side of town. The second will be on Feb. 27 at the Canadian County Fairgrounds in El Reno. Both sales will have the doors open at 8 a.m. and the auction starts at 9 a.m.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have run hot and cold about the fur sale. Right now I am not planning to go. All the reports I've hear are terrible...$3--$8 on really XX--XXX coons, no sale on large, mediums or smalls. $8. to $12 on cats. No market for coyotes, fox and beaver.

They will stay on the hanger for those prices or lack there of.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I believe that there is still a market on fox, but your probably not far off on everything else. I don't expect a whole lot of fur, but I will post the prices Sat. or Sun.

If any of you do come down, look me up, I'm the fat bald guy who handles the sales. You will find me at the head table. I'd like to meet you and put a face with some of the names.

John

Latest posts

Top Bottom