Furlough notice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itchyfinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister in law and her husband both got theirs last Friday. They're looking at 20% EACH. They won't be able to hang on to their house if it goes more than about 6 or 7 months. Sad thing. They both work at NARF in Cherry Point N.C. They have 5 kids as well.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This happened to civilians/non-government jobs back in 2008. It only took 5 years to hit government jobs. There was a 20% head count reduction and furloughs at the engineering company I worked for at the time.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're hearing notices will be out in a week or so. It'll kick in about mid April.

OKC is going to feel this one hard. Guess it's Obama/Senate/Congress master plan for getting more money into the economy. Then again, all the news stories now are about how this will have no impact on anybody. Me and the Mrs are sure going to feel it; we both work for Uncle Sugar. We both just cut back on how much is going to TSP. Thank God in Heaven we just paid off our house. The really rewarding thing is that the U.S. will still get to help Saudi Arabia out quite nicely.... and Europe, and Venezuela, and Mexico. That's a relief.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the waste in government and the decide to hit the voters.
Ain't right.

This is exactly what Obama wanted and planned for. This guy is a deliberate POS and doesn't care who he hurts as long as his agenda moves forward.

From an Obama Des Moines Register interview:
October 26, 2012:

"In the short term, the good news is that there’s going to be a forcing mechanism to deal with what is the central ideological argument in Washington right now, and that is: How much government do we have and how do we pay for it?

So when you combine the Bush tax cuts expiring, the sequester in place, the commitment of both myself and my opponent — at least Governor Romney claims that he wants to reduce the deficit — but we’re going to be in a position where I believe in the first six months we are going to solve that big piece of business.

It will probably be messy. It won’t be pleasant."

Latest posts

Top Bottom