Anybody Else's Prescriptions Jump Considerably?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last few scripts I filled were $35 when they usually are less than $10 and the one I filled today was $150, when usually $30. I'm guessing insurance isn't covering as much as they used to. Anyone else see theirs jump this month? I already checked on a copay card and downloaded one, we will see how much it helps.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being on Medicare I pay $35 per month for a prescription drug plan...which I dont use because I'm healthy and dont take regular any prescription meds. When I do need them or something the insurance doesnt cover I use Good Rx, it helps a lot :

www.goodrx.comPrescription Prices, Coupons & Pharmacy Information - GoodRx

Feb 6, 2024 · GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices and discounts for your prescriptions at over 70,000 US pharmacies. Get free coupons, expert-reviewed resources and more to save up to 80% on your medications.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes deductibles have to be met first of the year, especially those on Medicare with Part D plan.
We get calls all day long about why the co-pay is so much higher than last month. Wife is calling people constantly when she finds one that is really high so they know before they get the bill.

Support Dev

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Administrator Supporter
Reaction score
I didnt change my plan, didnt seee a need to, so when my cost went up I was surprised as well.

A lof of insurance companies are doing home deliveries now and charge much much less than you would see at a pharamcy. It's worth a call to see if your insurance is doing that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom