G17 conceled?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbanscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently got a good trade for a 3rd gen g17. I love the gun its like new and I enjoy shooting it. However, I am considering Conceled carry and am having a tough time with the 17. I have fired and like the 19, in fact, it seems like the solution to my problem. However, any dealer or trade leaves me at a loss!

Questions:
Is there a way to concel the 17 properly?
If not, should I expect to have to pay a difference for a 19?
Is there anybody that would consider a trade?
I have been told about "chopping" down the 17 handle to 19 specs. Thoughts?

Thanks

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Olyeller covered IWB carry nicely. OWB with the 17 works well, too, with the right holster, belt, and cover shirt or other garment. Lots of holsters work. Consider the Don Hume 721 open top, for example. Lots of belts work, but they must be stiff, and must be at least 1.5 inches wide. 1.75 inches is better. If you like nylon, a Wilderness Instructor is good. There are plenty of imitators if you prefer. If you like leather, there are a ton of them. I have a Mitch Rosen Express that works well.

In winter, covering the gun is easy. In summer, you need an untucked shirt for your cover garment if you are dressed casually. I like Dickies short sleeve work shirts. They have long square tails, and are cut full enough to hide just about anything. Under $20 at Walmart. Loose polo shirts work well.

Jujen Kai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mitch Rapp beat me to it. G17 in a Minotaur. Rides like a dream and conceals wonderfully. I tried (like so many others! ) a multitude of holsters before I found this one. I love it. It's always where I want it and I am confident in the rig. The weapon stays out of sight but is there when you need it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom