G36 slide release problem.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well as the title says i had put in an extended slide release on my brothers Glock 36. we went out to the range today and he was having problems with the slide locking to the rear like the mag went empty. kinda weird cuz it would usually do it on the 4th or 5th round left in the mag. i asked if he was hitting it with his thumb while firing and said no so i tried it and did the same with me and i made sure to keep my thumb off of it. Curious if anyone else had issues like this after putting in a glock extended slide release. Part was bought here in tulsa at ops. i had put one in my G19 and my buddies G19 as well never had any issues with either till now on my brothers weapon. Anyways any help is always appreciated!!

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take the upper off, and elevate the slide stop with your finger. Release it. It should snap back down (against the frame) with an audible click. If not, the spring isn't seated properly beneath the locking block.

+1 I took my glock apart and put that spring in the wrong place and had the same problem, easy fix

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok so if its that then what do you do do to reseat the spring just take the part out and put it back in?

Push the LB pin partially out, allowing you to pull the slide stop rearward. Push the stop back in place, making sure the spring does not go under the edge of the LB- the tip of it should be visible, when pinned.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my brother took it over to ops earlier before i could talk to him. He said that one of the guys had to grind down a portion because it was hitting the top of the bullets in the magazine. said it works fine now but i guess we'll see for sure after hitting the range again. Thanks for the help guys i appreciate it!!

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my brother took it over to ops earlier before i could talk to him. He said that one of the guys had to grind down a portion because it was hitting the top of the bullets in the magazine. said it works fine now but i guess we'll see for sure after hitting the range again. Thanks for the help guys i appreciate it!!

It could be a defective part and needed the grinding, usually the improper spring seating happens when both pins are removed and are not installed in the proper sequence which is top pin first. The test is that with the magazine out, the lever has to be spring loaded in the down position.

Latest posts

Top Bottom