Galesi .25 cal question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although I doubt if many on this site are familiar with these pistols, I thought I'd start here, anyway. I think dlbleak used to have one.

[Broken External Image]

Anyway, the one on the right has all the normal markings and is a 1968 model (has XXIV stamp). It is marked Cal 6.35.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

The one on the left has no date markings and has a Florida Firearms Corp - Miami, Fla import mark. I think this was the precursor to FIE. This pistol is marked 25 Cal.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

I'm just trying to determine the date of the one on the left. I am assuming it is a later date due to the import mark. My searches have turned up nothing. Sorry about the pictures.

moguns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are fine little pistols. I've had several thru the years and they shoot fine. Lots of people think these are only throw aways and are real cheapies. I think your assumption is correct on post 68 import but I can't find any thing on it either.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
yep,mine cycled perfectly. mine did not have any import markings and i could never find the date behind the trigger. i sold it here on the forum. dkdkek1 has it now. i researched and apperently the the factory is near berettas and the quality is similar. i found some good info on mouseguns.com.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To compare it to the Beretta 915, the Galesi was a better .25auto. The 915's had issues through most of its life. Either springs breaking or firing pins breaking. I would put the Galesi right under the 1908 Colt Vest Pocket as to quality.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are cool little pistols and there is really quite a lot written on them. Just nothing that I can find on these apparently late dated ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom