garage sales are good sometimes.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a Ruger MII w/out a mag for $40, and a 1955 bubbleback 18K gold Rolex for $100 a while back. Nice find on those mags, you never know what you can find.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today, I got a softcover copy of "The Art of War" for .25 and at another one I left with a dremel tool ($1) and a high-speed electric buffer($4). 2 weeks ago it was a cheap bass guitar for $10. I set it up with new strings ($20) and flipped it on CL for $75.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About one garage sale out of ten is worth going to, and about one out of the ten good ones is amazing, or that seems to be my luck. I hit "number 100" recently with an old 16 ga double in real good condition for a hundred bucks. It's not a Win 23, or a Parker or a boss, just an old mail order gun with rabbit ear hammers, but still a pretty good deal. CB

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife & I recon the thrift stores as well. That usually works better for her, but sometimes I find something for me. Epiphone 10W bass amp $13.50, Old wooden shoeshine box kit w/brushes and various cans of Kiwi $5. I use the brown Kiwi on some of my electric guitar necks for a vintage look. Tesico 70s vintage Jap electric guitar $25.

Latest posts

Top Bottom