garage sales are good sometimes.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
scored two Colt 30 rd mags for $5...yes for both. Are Center Industry mags anygood? they had about 6 left...I could grab them for cheap. Let me know in a hurry! I will go back and grab them...

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one time I went to a garage sale(1978) was one my mom made me go with her and brother, I kick myself for not buying that guitar!!!

I went to this garage sale with my mom, because afterwards we were going grocery shopping and as always, I was the unloader of the car when we got home.

The guitar in question:
ai476.photobucket.com_albums_rr124_vasthorizon123_50s_20Esquire_20RI_shhh.jpg

looked alot like this. Tele body and only one pickup. This is what threw me....one pickup?? I was only 16, and had a couple of Tele's and one Strat. ** Remember** This was BEFORE the internet...instant information acess!! So, I couldn't find what it was worth quickly!!

The guitar was only 200-300 dollars and was in very good shape. The lady would not come down on the price and didn't know anything about it except that it was her oldest son's guitar. He was grown, moved away, and left it at her house.

Well, I didn't buy it. I went home that Saturday and started to look in some guitar books and called a few friends. By then, it was around Tuesday or Wednesday when I went back to her house. Yes...it was sold!!!

Looking back, I missed out on a Fender Esquire....probably made in the 1950's and brother, I still wish I had bought that guitar!!

Good find on your Colt mags!!!

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom