Gardens 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you guys thinking that we’re done with Winter? I’ll be getting everything tilled up here shortly, but I’m holding off planting for a bit longer.

Are you guys thinking that we’re done with Winter? I’ll be getting everything tilled up here shortly, but I’m holding off planting for a bit longer.
Nope no way. I only planted potatoes is because the soil temp is above 50 as it should be. Will take a couple of weeks for them to emerge leaves and I don’t see any bad weather predicted that far out. Once they emerge I can protect them by covering with a light cover of soil or hay. Nothing else planted here until mid April

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Greenhouse cabbage looking good
IMG_20240308_150631530_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240308_150638408_HDR.jpg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a small area with mostly clay that I've been throwing vegetable scraps in the last couple of years in the hope that I can plant something that will grow well. This red clay won't grow much without adding nutrients so I'm going to sneak over some nearby farmer's place that has cattle and steal some manure. That always makes for a good crop.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a small area with mostly clay that I've been throwing vegetable scraps in the last couple of years in the hope that I can plant something that will grow well. This red clay won't grow much without adding nutrients so I'm going to sneak over some nearby farmer's place that has cattle and steal some manure. That always makes for a good crop.
Make sure the hay doesn't have herbicide residue from grazon.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't done it but have read that cow manure from the pasture will be full of seeds that will grow in your garden. Most have regretted using it. ( just from what I have read on the interwebs)

Latest posts

Top Bottom