Geese

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been hunting goose for a long time, they really are not bad eating. I cook them in a casserole with mushroom soup, you should try it sometime.

I'm game to try anything. I actually like sushi:D
My cousin is a goose hunter. I'll have to get a breast from him and give it a try. Just about anything with fungus(shrooms) in it is really tasty. I made spagetti and venison meatballs tonight with portabella's in the sauce.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been hunting for longer than most on this board have been alive, but have never killed a goose. It looks like a blast, and would take a heavy load to take them down cleanly.
I've never hunted them as I've always been told they taste bad when cooked. (I've heard the same for venison, but I'm a venison addict)
I eat what I hunt except for varmints.
Anybody have a way to cook them to entice a guy to get into the hunting? I have private ground to hunt them, just don't.

They're like any other waterfowl. They have a sort of livery taste that you have to get used to. My mother used to put them in a pressure cooker with pineapple or some other fruit. Then bake them with corn bread dressing just like turkey. Pretty good really.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soak them in salt water for about 3-4 days and then grill on low heat wrapped in bacon or smoke them. Bacon makes everything takes good. COLGS is fun unless you have too much success. Snow geese stink when you clean them, and the breast are so small it's almost not worth it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're like any other waterfowl. They have a sort of livery taste that you have to get used to. My mother used to put them in a pressure cooker with pineapple or some other fruit. Then bake them with corn bread dressing just like turkey. Pretty good really.

Liver and onions is one of my favorite foods. Guess I need to get one to try.

Latest posts

Top Bottom