Gen 4 Glocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want one!

Over on glocktalk, the rumor is glock 19 will be out by the summer. I think I may grab one then!

I don't have a glock 17, so I should probably get a 17.

Has anybody seen them in town yet?

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Gen 4 Glocks are out and I grabbed a couple.
Before I bought them I called Glock and asked them whether the barrels are interchangeable between Gen 3 and Gen 4. I was told emphatically no. After I bought them I started comparing parts.
One of the new features is the double captive recoil spring, similar to the spring of the G26/G27. Because of that, the spring cutout on the bottom of the barrel of the Gen 4 is slightly larger, otherwise identical. I question the wisdom of the Glock tech who said that I cannot use my Gen 3 barrel in my Gen 4 slide. I did not have a chance to go to the range yet but hand cycling appears normal. I plan to use the old barrel in the new gun. Any opinions?

Is the grip as slippery as it looks?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the grip as slippery as it looks?

Actually, the grip is more aggressive in the hand than the 3rd gen grip. The cobblestone texture has a kinda sandpaper feel to it. I'm actually kinda wanting one and I haven't wanted another Glock for a LONG time! :hellno:

One of the officers here got his from Outdoor America for like $425 + tax.

Of course, that's an LE price. :police2:

No cop bashing please. :nono1:

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lost track of this thread and I'd like to reply.
The reason for doing it is that I have several "special" Gen3 barrels that I need to keep using, such as a G34 barrel that I use in my G17 Gen4, a G31 barrel for my Gen4 G22, a G19 barrel for my G26.
I did a lot of checking measuring and comparing of the barrels, I had a high degree of confidence that there was no safety issue.
I took the guns to the range yesterday and tested all of them. They all worked great, no problems of any kind. Nothing different.

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question about the Gen 4 Glocks.... the interchangable backstrap... Does it increase or decrease the grip size or feel?

My girlfriend loves glocks but has smaller hands so we went with the M&P 9c for her to getr a better grip but she doesn't like have to buy new hoslter and new mag pouches etc...

Latest posts

Top Bottom