Get ready for Sunday&Monday.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, personally I usually prefer Hot links in muh beans over ham; but that's not to say that fixing them with ham is a bad option either. Every now and then, I want 'em with ham. And big slices of Sweet White onion! The from-scratch cornbread cooked in a cast iron skillet is a given, unless ye be an unwashed heathen who would be happy with Jiffy cooked in a cake pan. Try preheating the skillet for about 10 minutes, then melt about a Tbspn of real butter in it and swish it around before you pour the cornbread mixture into the hot, buttery skillet. It gives it a deliciously crispy outer crust that is the best ever. If you use margarine rather than real butter, refer to comment above re: unwashed heathens...

P.S.
Braums Hot Links are not Scwhabs. How can I be so sure? Cause I have both kinds in my refrigerator and there is plenty of difference. I prefer Braums Hot Links, but if unavailable, Schwabs will do fine.
I do the exact same only I use a tbls of olive oil. I'll try the butter tomorrow. Thanks for that tip.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We made a list, wife's been running errands all day getting us stocked up. She got some water softener pellets, a camp stove and some propane, as well as a 2nd propane tank for the outdoor grill. Buncha groceries, lotta Vienna sausages, crackers, etc.

Oh, and I went to the liquor store - 3 bottles of rye and a half gallon of vodka, that oughtta get us through the worst of it, considering I've got a goodly stock of Scotch and she's got plenty of wine.

We're ready, bring it on!

<edit> Oh, and now you've got me craving some of that cornbread!
Damn, and my Dr says my liter of whisky each month is too much.
Dang alcoholic Drs.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't decide if this is a weather thread or a food thread...

...typical OSA.

We are close to having the major stuff done to son's new house. Vinyl planking went in today and carpet goes in tomorrow. New front door and storm door goes in on Wednesday. Wednesday will be fun with a big hole in the house. Scheduled some movers for the 23rd, and the wife says her phone weather app speaks of 50-degree-plus weather on that day...

...I'm ready.

Latest posts

Top Bottom