Getting On With My First Diet... At 20

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never thought I'd be a week shy of my 21st birthday and on a diet. It's the worst thing ever, knowing that I can't just swing through Arby's everyday before work and satisfy that rumble in my stomach. At the same time, it's kind of fun counting the calories and seeing the results daily. A series of sports injuries plus college has gotten me about 30-40 pounds overweight. I'm 6'2", and two weeks ago I was 236 pounds. 222 today, and making progress daily. Got an iPhone app called myfitnesspal. Definitely worth it for those of you who are working for the same.

I just wanted to post this to see if I can have some solidarity with the other dieters, maybe share tips and progress. One thing I will say, if my job didn't keep me up on my feet all day this would be a LOT harder.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loosing weight is not hard AT ALL except for women. lol The tought part comes when you make it to that goal weight and you have to keep it off. Me and my best friend are on the same diet and we are both losing a pound a day just like yourself. The junk food aint worth, stay strong!

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started playing the diet/exercise game a year ago about this time.

The tough part for me was once I made it to my goal weight and figuring out how to balance it all and stay the same weight. I ended up ten pounds less than I was shooting for before putting 6-7 pounds back on.

RunKeeper is my favorite app. Not diet related but it serves a good purpose in my diet/exercise.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I never thought twice about a mini Reeses peanut butter cup (roughly 50 calories) or 20 Buffalo Wild Wings (2000 calories) or half a Pizza Hut Meat Lover's pizza (1500 calories). It's getting fun now, and I'm beginning to like celery and carrots.

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are doing the right thing by taking care of it now. I blew my knee out my freshman year of college. I was 6'1" and 185lbs, now at 35 and 330lbs I am trying to loose 100! I am 18lbs down. Take care of it now before it is a huge problem (pun intended). Good luck stay at it...

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive recently decided to take better care of myself and get in better shape, had one of my professors call me out(hes gonna be 57 in june and wants to run a 5k against me then, even said hes gonna kick my ass the whole time) So starting at 31 322, Im now down to 297.8 and gonna continue to do so! Keep it up and you can do it, btw thanks for the iphone app suggestion...gonna dl it now

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive recently decided to take better care of myself and get in better shape, had one of my professors call me out(hes gonna be 57 in june and wants to run a 5k against me then, even said hes gonna kick my ass the whole time) So starting at 31 322, Im now down to 297.8 and gonna continue to do so! Keep it up and you can do it, btw thanks for the iphone app suggestion...gonna dl it now

Using the app is key for me. Even without any real exercise, I'm still doing well enough calorie-wise to lose weight. So when I get ready to exercise, I can tell myself that every extra second I spend pushing myself actually counts.

Limiting portion sizes actually helps too. It's as simple as taking whatever you eat out of a bag and onto a plate to guarantee you don't eat too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom