Ghost Pepper Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to go for the insane heat back in the day but jalapeño is about my limit now. It seems a lot of the heat in the store bought ones has been bred out of them. The jalapeños we grow at home are three times as hot as the store bought.
Usually just put them in a ziplock, put in the freezer and use them all winter to dice and mix into recipes.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
**** I just bought some pickled eggs at Atwoods... pickled 'jalapeno' eggs.

F that, those things are hard as plastic and somebody put sugar in that pickling brine, to boot. Not a lick of heat in there from those jalapeno slices, either. Gross. Throwing the rest of that jar away...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jalapeno and maybe a nice Serrano is about my limit these days too. And like Cohiba I used to love the hot stuff that would take me "into a transcendental state in which there is neither suffering, desire, nor sense of self, and then I am released from the effects of karma and the cycle of death and rebirth".

Never had these episodes tho ---> "About a minute later I enter a stage of regret followed immediately by fear and panic....ending several hours later of: I'll NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!" Well, at least until the next day's throne cycle. Nowadays it doesn't wait 'till the next day to hit me. :(

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to go for the insane heat back in the day but jalapeño is about my limit now. It seems a lot of the heat in the store bought ones has been bred out of them. The jalapeños we grow at home are three times as hot as the store bought.
Usually just put them in a ziplock, put in the freezer and use them all winter to dice and mix into recipes.

I was just talking to my mom about this very thing just yesterday. Why must they do such sorcery?

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have in a bunch of odd peppers this year, started them from seeds that a friend shipped me. The only ugly and ugly hot one is called a Big Mustard Mama. No idea what I will actually DO with those peppers, they are supposedly 1m scoville.

Others, like the Purple UFOs I have growing, sound hot AND tasty, which is way more my thing.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Week or so away from the burn! Yellow ghost

Attachments

• 496BDEF9-E4EE-4808-81C1-F296D1237FD2.jpeg
    496BDEF9-E4EE-4808-81C1-F296D1237FD2.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 90

Latest posts

Top Bottom