Michelin Ardmore Plant Closing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Sad news. The possible good news is it could cause someone to get some help with school or another career. Yukon Glocker of OSA fame got cut when Dayton Tire closed years ago. He got into a program and went to college here, then UT. He ended up with a PHD and is a Professor now. Picked up a few liberal traits along the way but still a decent guy. I think his son just started school at UCLA. Sometimes people make the best of a bad situation and better themselves. 1400 people out of work sucks for sure.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had no idea they had a plant here.
All the Michelins I had blew the tread off the tire.
80% of the General tires I had did the same thing.
Over 1/2 tread left on all of them.
Bridgestone Dueler HL tires on my van blew 1 tread cap off 24,000 miles and then 2 weeks later another one and the other 2 developed dog knots from tread separating.

I do not buy those brands.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This will be a devastating blow to Ardmore, as well as a bunch of towns within an hour radius. I’ve had a lot of friends commute to work down there over the years. It’s a good paying blue collar job that gives you usable time off, and they were good about hiring young guys out of high school that had young families to provide for and no higher Ed or work experience.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Bridgestone Dueler HL tires on my van blew 1 tread cap off 24,000 miles and then 2 weeks later another one and the other 2 developed dog knots from tread separating.

I had a set of Generals and they had 60,000 miles or something like that when I traded the truck off. Still saw that truck running the same tires around town for a few years after.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You should probably run nothing less than 14 ply load E tires and I’m talking about on the Corolla. No way Michelins are rated for your towing/hauling capacity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom