Michelin Ardmore Plant Closing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had no idea they had a plant here.
All the Michelins I had blew the tread off the tire.
80% of the General tires I had did the same thing.
Over 1/2 tread left on all of them.
Bridgestone Dueler HL tires on my van blew 1 tread cap off 24,000 miles and then 2 weeks later another one and the other 2 developed dog knots from tread separating.

I do not buy those brands.
I never had a Michelin tire blow on any size I bought.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
can't count on an employer these days...

it's your responsibility to work on making yourself an employable asset by constantly educating yourself, obtaining certifications and skills. in a free market, you've got to be flexible. We're hurting for truckers, and they'll hire you and train you. Skilled trades are still in demand -- HVAC, Welding etc. never too late to go back to college.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never had a Michelin tire blow on any size I bought.
I rarely buy the same brand of tire twice in a row, but the Michelins that came on my truck from the factory have done so well for me that I’ve stuck with them. Aside from the ones that got killed by road trash (or Tulsa’s questionable road maintenance), I’ve usually gotten about 60K miles out of them.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rarely buy the same brand of tire twice in a row, but the Michelins that came on my truck from the factory have done so well for me that I’ve stuck with them. Aside from the ones that got killed by road trash (or Tulsa’s questionable road maintenance), I’ve usually gotten about 60K miles out of them.
I've had Michelins on a minivan, sedans and 3/4 ton suburban. Never a flat or blowout. On the suburban I did see cracking in the sidewalls.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to see it, but not unexpected.

They have been operating at 50% staffing for 3 years.
The loss of new vehicle production from the Gates planned epidemic, then the shortage of computer chips and now the combined stupidity of CEOs and Unions, the workers are screwed, just as the Dems want.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard about this today from my youngest son. In fact, we drove by that plant in Ardmore on our trip to Waco and back. However, I have questions:

They are stating that "rubber mixing" will still be done there, but if they aren't building the tires there from that mixed rubber, where are they shipping the "mixed rubber," and how does that product get shipped to where it is usable at another plant, and how does that other plant get the shipped rubber to a state to where they can build tires with it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom