GI vs PMags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

540Z28

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got em both. I like the way the GIs stack in the safe. Nothing wrong with Pmags. Like stated before, kind of a fashion statement. A friend of mine just bought an AR and it came with one GI type. He found two new ProMags for the right money and was telling me how he was not feeling good about trusting his life to them cuz they weren't Pmags. I told him don't worry. Pmag just kinda the buzz right now. Just like everyone has to have a Glock.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Poppycock! I have several G.I. magazines that have been fully loaded since 1975.....38 years worth of "tension" on the mag lips and not one has ever bent or fountained. They have been carried, bumped, thrown in gear bags etc...not just sitting around on a shelf. I started with 10 of them fully loaded and every 10 years I take one out and run it through a rifle and not one has ever failed to run all 30 rounds out and these have the old "evil" black followers. P-Mags are way over rated in my opinion.

When Uncle Kurt speaks......I listen :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom